Sinnamon Park

While not part of the originally planned development, Sinnamon Park is a thriving suburb east of the Centenary Highway.  The suburb was named after Margaret and James Sinnamon, pioneer European settlers of the year 1864.  Pioneer descendant Sir Hercules Sinnamon donated a block of land for the Seventeen Mile Rocks Uniting Church when it was removed from its original location due to road works for the Centenary Highways overpass.  In 1977, Sinnamon Retirement Village was opened on land donated by descendants of George Sinnamon.  A plaque on Seventeen Mile Rocks Rd commemorates Thomas McLeod’s historic 1910 biplane glider flight.  In 1992, the Sinnamon Farm precinct on Seventeen Mile Rocks Rd, comprising of Glen Ross, Beechwood, Avondale and the McLeod Aviation site, as well as the Seventeen Mile Rocks State School, was heritage listed.  Windermere Estate, a riverside estate, is within Sinnamon Park, as is part of the Edenbrooke Estate.

The suburb, which experienced a 35% growth between 2001 and 2006, is located 15km from Brisbane City with an average 20 minute commute.  Spanning over 3 square kilometres, the area has approximately 1810 residential properties and has 10 parks covering nearly 3% of the suburb’s total area.  The predominant age group in Sinnamon Park is 30-39 years, with households made up of primarily couples with children.